USPAP QUALIFIED APPRAISER CRITERIA
- EDUCATION: Conformance to recognized methods and techniques resulting in overall consistency.
- EXPERIENCE: Practical application of recognized valuation methods and techniques.
- EXAMINATION: Measurement ensuring understanding of subject matter and minimal competency.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION: Professional development to ensure awareness of changes in valuation methods and techniques, and technology in the marketplace.
- ETHICS AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Strict adherence to established code of conduct.
- ACCOUNTABILITY FOR CONDUCT: Appraiser is held accountable for the work he completes by a peer review panel of a professional society or by a government agency.